It’s when our members come together to look at the big picture issues for our city and region. They bring collective knowledge; they bring a huge range of skills and expertise; and mostly they bring vision and energy. They leave their personal businesses at the door and roll up their sleeves to help identify the issues and find solutions. It’s our members who tell us what areas they would like Committee to focus on.
We rely on this buy-in, engagement and expertise. It’s vital that our agenda is 100% driven by our members… it’s what Committee is all about.
David Canny (Red Lion) sums up perfectly how being a member gives you a voice in creating a strong future for our region…
“If you’re involved in business and realise the importance of all sectors working together to make things happen, then you become a member of the Committee. You can sit on your hands and be part of the problem or join the Committee to be part of the solution.”
The process of canvassing our members on an annual basis is as old as the Committee itself and has led to our work on issues vital to Ballarat’s strong future such as community leadership, employment growth, empowerment for young adults, and secure, sustainable water solutions, to name a few.
It’s a right and privilege of membership to have your voice heard and we’d love all of our members to help decide which issues Committee will champion in 2013 and beyond. This year this process will kick off with a breakfast workshop, see details here
If you’re not already a member and would like to talk to someone about it, please call us on 5332 1240.
Here’s a reminder on what we are currently working together to achieve:
Committee’s current projects
- BWGZ (Ballarat West Growth Zone): driving the agenda for jobs and economic growth in our region
- Sustainable Living: finding innovative and sustainable solutions to meet our region’s growing demand for water and energy resources
- FastTrack Ballarat: working to secure a more frequent, more reliable and faster commuter rail service from Ballarat to Melbourne with better mobile coverage
- MeT (Maximising eHealth Technology): improving health outcomes and supporting patients across our region using eHealth technology
- RAHP (Revitalising the ACU-Hospitals-Lake Wendouree Precinct): attracting high-quality professionals in health and education to work and live in our region
Committee’s current programs
- LBWR (Leadership Ballarat & Western Region): inspiring people to show leadership to create a sustainable and connected community and a positive future across our region
- YAE (Young Adult Empowerment): promoting empowerment and employment among our region’s young people
We’d love you to be part of the solution.
Membership and Communications, Committee for Ballarat
Adele has worked at Committee since (almost!) the very beginning. She believes passionately that the strength of Committee is its members and their collective contribution.