Local Leaders | Future Shapers
Unlock the potential of our community through our Community Leadership Program, Future Shapers.
This 10 month transformative program draws together up to 20 emerging leaders from all sectors across Ballarat and surrounds, to think, question, build connections, broaden your understanding of community leadership and effect positive change.
As a Future Shaper you will:
- Design and deliver a community-based leadership project working alongside local organisations and strategic partners
- Explore personal transformation through accredited insight tools, one-to-one coaching and individual learning plans
- Delve into community challenges, opportunities and initiatives through onsite visits, speaker presentations, workshops and study tours
- Experience structured mentoring through personal partnership with an experienced community leader
- Design, develop and deliver program content aligned with your personal interests in collaboration with a small group of fellow participants and our experienced facilitators
- Share your personal leadership opportunities, challenges and achievements with your peers
- Build networks and friendships
We thank our Scholarship partners for their support of Future Shapers and community leadership in our region.
All scholarships cover the full cost of participation in Future Shapers.
gforce Ballarat – Emerging Young Leader Scholarship
Open to applicants who reside in the Ballarat region with an interest in developing their community leadership skills for use in an enterprise or project that benefits the region.
Applicants need to be between the age of 18-30 years.
gforce is a For-Purpose Community Organisation that makes a difference in the lives of people and communities. We are a diverse, equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds, all genders and people with disability to apply to the Future Shapers, gforce Ballarat – Emerging Young Leader Scholarship.
Shaping the Future Scholarship:
The ‘Shaping the Future’ Scholarship (formerly Leaders in Action Scholarship) is proudly supported by program alumni and recognises the impact they have in the community post-program. Our alumni often say that the diversity of the participant group is a key strength of the program.
This scholarship aims to increase diversity, enabling participants not affiliated with employer organisations or experiencing financial hardship to participate. Applications are open to emerging leaders in Ballarat or the region.
Peter Davies Scholarship:
Peter Davies was a visionary business and community leader who made an extraordinary contribution to Ballarat. He passionately believed in the capacity of the Ballarat community.
Are you inspired to follow the example set by Peter Davies who left a wonderful legacy in our community?
In honour of Peter, this scholarship is open to applications from small business owners or entrepreneurs.
Future Shapers Program Structure
Applications for our 2023 program will open in October.
If you have any further queries or to register your interest, please email email@example.com .
Time Commitment – Scheduling
20 contact days of leadership learning (mostly Wednesday) from March to November, with additional time for preparation
25 -30 hours of community project work
Continuous engagement with your mentor and employer champion
Total fees for 2023 are $6800 ex GST.
1. Complete and submit the online application form between 10 Oct – 21 Nov 2022.
You’ll also be asked to create and upload a 2-minute video to accompany your application form
2. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed – from 29 Nov 2022.
3. Future Shapers 2023 places offered – by 20 Dec 2022.