Local Leaders, Future Shapers
Make your mark and unlock the potential of our community through the Committee for Ballarat ‘Future Shapers’ Program.
Our Futures Shapers Community Leadership Program is an annual, transformative program for up to 20 emerging leaders drawn from all sectors of our community. It focuses on supporting people to transform their current way of making sense of the world so that they can adopt a broader perspective and increase their leadership capability.
In a region facing fast-moving change, leadership behaviours are more important than ever for our community to make progress on the complex issues and opportunities that lay before us.
Leadership can be demonstrated by anyone and to that effect this program is committed to developing leadership behaviours in the belief that anyone and everyone can make a difference.
This flagship program is now in its 16th year, collaborating with businesses, community organisations, mentors, volunteers and governments, together we have produced 379 alumni who have gone on to become better people, employees, volunteers and citizens.
“Help advance our vision for a thriving and vibrant regional community, recognised for its liveability, sustainability, and inclusivenes.”
– Committee for Ballarat
Future Shapers Leadership Program 2021 Overview
- A 10-month transformative leadership experience
- Develop a strategic understanding of the priorities and challenges facing the Ballarat and the region
- Gain access to local leaders and learn from national and international subject matter experts
- Experience structured mentoring through personal partnership with an experienced community leader
- Contribute to a hands-on leadership projects working alongside local community organisations and strategic partners
- Explore personal transformation through accredited insight tools, one-to-one coaching and individual learning plans
- Share with others your personal leadership (journey), opportunities and challenges
- Join an incredible network of program alumni already transforming our city and region
Expressions of Interest are now open for application who are:
- Experienced in your field
- Based in the City of Ballarat, Pyrenees Shire, Moorabool Shire, Hepburn Shire or Golden Plains Shire Local Government Area.
- Passionate about the growth and development of our community is this one dot point or two?
- Possess the potential to progress to senior positions in your sector
- Actively involved in Ballarat or the region
- Responsible for the development of others either formally or informally
- Able to engage in diverse ways of learning and connecting with partners and stakeholders
- Willing to commit wholeheartedly to the program
- Creative, innovative and enthusiastic
Several Scholarships are available for individuals who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Formal Learning
- Workshops & Seminars
- Face-to-face and online
- Case Studies
- Site Visits
- Study Tour
- Explore our Regional Priorities
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Shared experience
- Matched with local community leaders
- Regular, ongoing confidential conversations
- Explore workplace, career, community, professional, personal and program related topics
- Coaching and mentoring
- Individual and personalised support
- Two-way learning
- Develop/review Individual Dev. Plan
- Project Management Skills
- hands on project leadership, development & delivery
- Work in partnership wiht local community organisations and strategic partners
- Put learning into action
- Develop Networks
- Experiment & innovate
- Link Program experience with employment goals
- Contribute to workplace community development objectives
- Integrate program learning with personal career development plan
- Put learning into action at work
- Program – centered workplace coaching
Expressions of Interest form:
Please complete your expression of interest submission using the form below.